Sunday, November 23, 2008

Giving Back

I would tell everyone that I've been busy with schoolwork... but that's not really anything new. Instead, I'll just tell everyone about the community service things that I'm involved with.

Right now, the Pedo Club (I'm secretary... in case you didn't know) is holding a Toy Drive. And, I'm basiclly asking my classmates to sponsor a child by purchasing a toy for them and leaving it unwrapped at the Pedo clinic. I also helped out w/ the Christmas tree sale at the School for Blind Children. We received 300 trees yesterday and we hauled them out, removed the string binding their branches, trimmed their stems, measured their height, tagged their specs, and cleaned up. It was a fun time and it was great hanging w/ the second years... but I'm not going to lie, it was freezing. I was suited up in my winter gear.

Since it is super cold in Pittsburgh, I am now considering making an investment on a really warm jacket. All the wam outerwear I have are coats and I need something lighter and shorter than that. It's amazing how expensive jackets are. Northface is ridiculous... some of the jackets are like $500. I'm looking at Columbia right now but they don't have prices listed on their website. The other one that I'm looking into is Lands' End... my grandma wants to give me her Lands' End jacket... but I really don't wanna wear bright orange around school. And, I found a moderately priced $140 jacket that I might buy myself for Christmas.

Wow. I can't believe that Christmas is coming up so fast. It's going to be exciting, relaxing, and hopefully super fun. But before I get there, I need to suffer through finals. There's just no easy way out. Ah, the life of a dental student... with so much stress, you have no room for other emotion.

No comments: